Re: [orca-list] An accessible batch scanning software

Hi Max,

Would you tell that to the dvelopers? That should get fixed.

Am Do. Juni 9 11:55:21 2016 GMT+0300 schrieb Max:
Hi Chrys!

The last time I looked at the "lios" a few months ago. Key "f10" did not
fire. Therefore, in order to enter that menu, I used a flat review. Ie
found "file" "recognize" and the like, and then emulated click the left
mouse button.

chrys87 пишет:
Howdy,

 >1. How to stop a repeated scanning?
via menu Tools, Stop-all process; or the shortcut Ctrl + F4
 > 2. How to save a batch of the scanned imagens? I have books to scan.
Am 08.06.2016 um 11:56 schrieb luciano de souza:
via menu Images, Save, All Images
or you could just recognice it and save it as pdv with ctrl + E

But i cant find a shortcut to open the application menu? Strg + F10
takes a screenshot so there is a double and Alt + F wont open file menu.
maybe you should contact the developer here because they want to be
frindly to visual impaired and default shortcuts should work. for sure
its broken by accident.
Nalin Linux is a verry frindly guy that would for sure help you out

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lios
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21forum/lios>

you could simulate an click on the menu with OCRdesktop (if installed).
that would allow you to open the menu.
If you found an other way let me know.

cheers chrys

LIOS was really a very good suggestion. The scanner is working very
well. Thank you for your gentile help.
Now, I have two doubts:
1. How to stop a repeated scanning? Yes, I could configure it, I could
start it, but I was not able to stop it. With the lack of a "stop"
button, , I have pressed the "scan" button again and the scanner was
crashed, being retaken its working only after a computer rebooting.
2. How to save a batch of the scanned imagens? I have books to scan.
It's not probable that I finish the work in an unique effort. The work
will have to be interrupted and retaken afterwards.

Howdy,

LIOS can do your job.
I didnt try it yet, but in scanning preferences there are settings for
"no of pages to scan" and "time between repeated scanning".
is also is made for OCR your images as well with cuneform or tesseract.

cheers chrys

Am 04.06.2016 um 09:50 schrieb luciano de souza:
Hello all,
I have bought a new scanner, but I haven't scanned books on Linux
environments.
In Windows, I had a software for batch capture. In other words, when
scanning, it was not needed to send a command to scan for each page.
In stead of it, I could define a pattern time for the scanner process.
For example, if the time among to processings was 3 seconds, when the
light came back, I have time to change the pages of book before the
light start the new passage.
The time lost to start a new scanning, for each page, it's really big.
Does someone know a software in Linux with this requirement and
accessible with Orca?

GNOME Universal Access guide: