Re: [orca-list] Displaying the different elements of a website after loading it

Hi Wolfram.

Is it just the summary you want to stay permanent, or all flash
messages? If it's all flash messages, there's a preference for that in
Orca's preferences dialog on the braille page. To quote from
https://help.gnome.org/users/orca/stable/preferences_braille.html:

<quote>
Messages are persistent
As stated above, flash messages are only shown for a brief period of
time. If you would prefer messages remain displayed until you perform an
action which causes your display to be updated, you should check the
Messages are persistent checkbox.
Default value: not checked
</quote>

You'll also find described in the docs, or when you explore the
preferences, you can set the message duration. If the default duration
is not long enough, but a few more seconds would be helpful, that's
another thing you might wish to try.

That said, there are some messages which seem pretty important, like
"speech disabled," and Orca special-cases those. If everyone agrees, the
page summary could be special-cased. But that won't help you immediately.

Please give the above options a try and let me know what you think. Thanks!

--joanie