[orca-list] orca cannot review by word or character in qt applications

hi all
This is a bug I've noticed  in applications from time to time, but I
thought it was app specific. Now I think it might be specific to apps
which use qt, either version 4 or 5, it doesn't matter. Steps to
reproduce. Activate orca's flat review by pressing either one of the
number pad keys or orca+u, i or o. Once that's done, try to navigate by
word or character using flat review. Instead, orca will read the next
and previous line. It's as if orca can't separate words or characters in
qt applications. This happens with both orca master and stable. There
are a couple of applications where flat review won't work at all, such
as mumble, but I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about
that. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm using sonar linux 16.07,
completely up to date, and an up to date orca master as of half an hour ago.

Thanks
Kendell Clark