Re: [orca-list] LibreOffice Impress: Orca announces a number before the content of all lines, is it a bug?

Le 12/07/2016 à 17:31, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Hi Alex.

My guess is that this is another case of LibreOffice assigning
accessible names where they do not belong. I can try to hack around that
in Orca. But note that if I do that, we're in danger of Orca not
presenting good names because heuristic hacks are heuristic hacks.

As for making it configurable in the Orca preferences dialog,
personally, I don't think that is what we want. If you tell Orca not to
present the name, then you'll potentially miss out on good/valid names;
if you tell Orca to present the name, you'll potentially also get
useless names.
Hi Joannie, you're right.
What I think we all want is for Orca to always present the name when the
name is worthy of presentation. The way to achieve that is to have Orca
always present the name, and have LibreOffice only expose a name to Orca
when it should be passed along to the user.
So, in this case it seems it's a LibreOffice bug I have to fill.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager