Re: [orca-list] an interesting bug

hi
Lol, point taken. Right now, I'm in seamonkey's text area. If I press
caps lock and then try to bring up the list of buttons, nothing happens.
No bookmarks menu, but nothing else either. I'm wondering if the problem
might be something fixed in firefox nightly? I'll make sure to write
better subject lines when I'm reporting bugs. It's a bad habbit of mine,
usually caused when I'm in a hurry to report a bug before I forget about
it in the flood of things to do. I'll test when I'm not in the page
view, EG the address bar or in settings dialogs to see what happens. I'm
not at all sure why orca wouldn't announce when I'm in caps lock. I
turned off keyboard echo, only turning on echoing by character. Is that
the problem? I suspect that it might be actually, although it does
announce the toggling of num lock, so now I'm confused. I have mate set
to chime when a toggle key is pressed, which works for num lock but not
caps lock. Even more confusing. So many things to do, so little time grins.

Thanks
Kendell Clark

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hi Kendell.

I just tried Orca master with Firefox nightly. I'm using the Desktop
keyboard layout. With this in mind:

1. Orca always announces when I toggle caps lock on and off.
2. Alt+Shift+B brings up the list of buttons if I'm in page content.
3. Alt+Shift+B does not bring up the list of buttons if I'm not in page
   content (e.g. if I move focus to the address bar before using the
   command). This behavior is on purpose.

I'm not sure why Orca is not announcing the toggling of caps lock for
you. When you use the Orca commands for web content, are you sure you're
in the web content and not in Firefox's GUI?

On a related note, while all bugs are interesting, having a hint in the
subject regarding what the nature of the bug is would be appreciated.
Thanks!

--joanie