Re: [orca-list] using evince

Is there any way to pull up an entire document such that it'd read nicely in continuous read?

On 01/22/2016 12:38 PM, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,

When Evince comes up with no document loaded recent document might or might not show up depending if you have opened some documents before. You can open a document by tabbing to Open button. Standard File chooser dialog appears where you can browse your folders and files and you can open the document which you wish. When the document opens it's displayed on the screen. You can press F7 to toggle caret browsing mode. Evince will display an alert with Allow and Cancel buttons on the F7 press. If you have enabled caret browsing you can now browse the document using your arrow keys. You can tab or shift+tab into list of icons representing pages in a documents. You can switch pages by using your arrow keys. Evince has a few more options. You can see these options in the sidebar. If the sidebar is not showing you can toggle its visibility by pressing F9 key. On the sidebar you can see some toggle buttons such as Find, anotate a document, View options, File options, Thumbnails, Annotations or Bookmarks. Each of those shows up a menu after the spacebar press where you can see more options. For example Print is in the File options menu.

I think that's it regarding Evince usage.

Greetings

Peter