Re: [orca-list] minor issues in libreoffice fresh

Regarding the second issue, I think that if you press f6 you can read the doccument.

On 01/15/2016 03:57 PM, kendell clark wrote:
hi all
I'm writing in to report some minor issues in libreoffice. I have installed the latest fresh version, not still, which is currently at version 5.0.4. The first issue is when opening a blank document to begin writing. I can visually see libreoffice open, but it takes a few seconds before orca announces untitled 1 libreoffice so I can begin writing. I can type before this but orca doesn't echo the characters until it's caught up. Of course once it has it works fine. I'm just curious if this is an orca issue or a libreoffice one.

The second issue is when opening read only files. In order for these to be accessible, you have to turn on the use caret in read only documents option in options>accessibility. Once you do that the files are readable. But you often have to open the file menu or tab away from and back to the file for orca to be able to read the file. I suspect libreoffice is at fault for this one, but I'm not sure how to prove it.

I'd like to make our sonar users guides readable without having to tab away from and back to libreoffice, which is why I bring it up. It's worth noting that both libreoffice writer and calc have these issues. I'm not sure about database, or impress because they're not that accessible.
Thanks for reading
Kendell clark