[orca-list] Screen Reader Setup

Hi I'm back after long silence. Smile.

I recently had to give up my stubbornly-held-onto desktop with Pre
-GNOME 3.2.  It just got too old and non-functioning anymore.   I'm now
on latest version of openSUSE Leap 42.1.

I'm attempting to set up my screenreader via Universal Access settings.
 I can turn on and off the screen reader and I have set up keyboard
shortcut to turn it on and off.  But I cannot figure out how to set up
settings.

I know I can run command line and get orca -s and it sets up everything
nicely for me.  But obviously when I exit out and go back in, the
screen reader is set to normal defaults.   In other words, high-speed
speech that this DeafBlind dude is no match for.  Smile.

How do I set up my preferences to be permanently saved?

Also, I cannot seem to get braille display to connect via bluetooth.
 As I am typing this I'm suddenly remembering someone saying a couple
of years ago that bluetooth and braille display functionality still did
not work.  Is this correct?

If I have to connect via USB, what do I need to do to ensure that my
display is being recognized?

FYI: I have three displays.  They are, Focus Blue 14, HIMS Sense U2 and
the HumanWare Braillant 40.

Any helpful information to get me going so I can fiddle around and
finally be a full-time user of Orca would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bryen M Yunashko