[orca-list] Reading PDFs with Orca

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to read PDF documents using Orca. So far as I can tell, Evince should offer at least some accessibility support for PDFs, but no matter what I try, I can't seem to get Orca to read the actual PDF contents.

I found this page on the Gnome wiki:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince/a11y

It says that if I tab through the various widgets in Evince I should eventually get to the view widget and Orca should read the contents of the current page, but I can never seem to find the widget that contains the PDF text. I've tried with a range of PDFs that I know are accessible on Windows (i.e. they definitely contain real text and not just a picture)

Any tips would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick