Re: [orca-list] strange pronunciation

Hi,
I tried to run
spd-say "URLs"
spd-say "URLs "
spd-say "URLS, "
Everything sounds the same. But when Orca reads it, it does not.
Vojta

Dne 24.2.2016 v 19:45 Joanmarie Diggs napsal(a):
It's easy enough to test if it's Orca or not: Get into a terminal or
console and use spd-say, e.g.:

spd-say "URL"
spd-say "URLs"

Do they sound different there?

--joanie

On 02/24/2016 01:34 PM, Vojtěch Polášek wrote:
Hi,
I don't know if this is an Orca issue or a Speech dispatcher issue or an
Espeak issue.
When I use plural form of URL like this:
I have visited several URLs during the day.
Orca reads only URL and not URLs.
Notice in previous sentence, that if URLs is followed by dot, it is read
correctly.
I use Czech voice but I observe this behaviour in English voice as well,
so it shouldn't be voice specific issue.
I am running latest Orca, latest Speech-dispatcher (0.8.3) and Espeak 1.48.
Thanks for solving this,
Vojta