Re: [orca-list] Accessibility of apps

Not only do we need to be able to find a way to fund delelopment to retroactively put in accessibility but we need to do something to train developers to consider accessibility from the very beginning of a project. It is much easier to uild it in from the ground up but it is not something most developers even consider as it is not something they are exposed to on a daily basis. What would help tith this would be if the tools used to design and build apps would put in at least basic accessibility even if the developer did ot think about it. That was one of the very few good things that visual studio did (when I still worked in windows and did development) was automatically fill in what it could glean from an object while you wre creating it and fill in some of hte accessibility pieces. It may not have been the most descriptive but at least it was a start.

Tom