Re: [orca-list] Accessibility of apps

BTW, I like the idea of fixing audacity, and linphone.
I mostly use the cli interface to linphone, but have had to write scripts to improve it/no accessability
issues there though. The GTK linphone interface
is so close/would love to see it get where it should be.
Rhythmbox some times seems hard to move around in, but I can't put exact issues in to words off the top of my
head as I don't use it much because of the
issues I can't pstate very clearly at the moment.
Gpodder: a fine program, under steady development/lead dev sounds like a nice guy. I wonder if there could be
an easy fix to the constant reporting of
download progress that makes using the program once d-loads have started a pain, a few other things could be
done to improve its usability with Orca as
well, but would need to spend some time with a sighted person wtching the screen to know how much can and
can't be accessed with a mouse at certain
times as the interface is reported differently depending on whether or not updates have been just done or if
one has downloaded or otherwise interacted
since last update check.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 05:56:36PM +0100

Hi,

It's a common assessement: if free software isn't accessible, it's not a
screen reader problem, but the app which doesn't send good info to at-spi.

ok. How to fix this? Explaining, bug reporting, etc. One idea is
hackhaton. We did one this week-end in Paris. We studied Audacity and
Linphone: 2 GTK apps, where essential issues are related to labels,
focus movements with keyboard, etc.

But I realise that I have not a lot of further ideas of simple apps to
improve. I plan mumble, and other more complex things such as
libreoffice or Firefox, so complex for a general-hackhaton.

Do you have ideas of apps on which we could report accessibility bugs
during an hackhaton, or help fixing, in GTK? Can you tell me apps you
don't access to (or access just partially)? And what is it for? No
alternative?

It'll give me ideas for next hackhaton/bugreports. If they're in GNU
project, still better.

Thanks for feedbacks,

Regards,

--
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Coordinateur francophone du projet Linux From Scratch

Administrateur de Liberté 0