Re: [orca-list] Off topic - Instaling Fedora

Hi,

The standard version of Fedora ships with Gnome and Orca works just fine.

Here is the link for the download of Fedora Workstation:
https://getfedora.org/en_GB/workstation/

Unlike Ubuntu, there is no drum sound on boot up, so if you can't see the screen you won't know when the desktop is ready.

However if you use the standard Orca shortcut of Alt+Super+S, then you should here Orca start.

What I usually do is boot off the live DVD, and after a couple of minutes I try the Orca shortcut, and if all is well Orca will fire up. From there you have the choice to either Try Fedora or Install Fedora.

The installer for Fedora is a little quirky, but it is possible to install Fedora with no sighted assistance.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Nick