Re: [orca-list] Raspberry Pi

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 06:45:58PM +0200, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,

You certainly can use raspberry pi computer to install full desktop
linux based OS, however you have to be carefull so you can finetune it
to your needs.

For example I am using one my-self running arch linux. For text only
console I'm using YASR as a screen reader and for graphical apps I am
using very minimalist configuration consisting of ratpoison, spacefm,
Firefox, xfce4-terminal and a few other graphical apps. Of course I
have to do a lot of compromises performance vs full accessibility but
still it's a great experience and the fact I can just pull a working
linux computer out of my pocket power it with decent power bank and
similar is awesome.

I tried ratpoison. It starts quickly. When starting Orca, it says
screen reader on, and that's all. Ratpoison is started by using the
startx command. In the ~/.xinitrc file, I have:

#!/bin/sh
export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN="gtk"
export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge
setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
exec ratpoison

I can start firefox by using C-t, c, firefox, but nothing is read by
Orca. Caps-space doesn't do anything either.

Please tell me if someone has suggestions.

Happy holiday!

Lars

[...]