Re: [orca-list] Most accessible IDE for java

Tom Masterson <kd7cyu gmail com> wrote:
The subject line pretty much says it.  What is the most accessible IDE for
writing java.

A few years ago I would have said that Eclipse was the obvious choice here. It
is designed for writing Java. I haven't used it, but, until recently, reports
about its accessibility were encouraging. Unfortunately, the recent GTK3
version has reportedly suffered some regressions.

Emacs has very sophisticated extensions for programmers, and may well be the
most accessible option at the moment for Linux users.