Re: [orca-list] xfce

You can not use the panel, i.e. the applets and icons in XFCE with orca.
Some of the applets themselves are usable if you open them with a command in the runbox, from a terminal, or
if you set up keyboard shortcuts to run
them.
Exactly which can be used this way I do not remember as I've not used XFCE in a couple of years at least, but
I think the sound prefferences app works
very well. I do not remember if I found a GUI to connect to WiFi networks, or if I even tried anything as I
ran XFCE on my Arch-Linux laptop where I set
up as much as possible to be controled from CLI consoles, (virtual terminals if you prefer that terminology),
e.g. I used and still use wifi-menu to
select wireless networks, and use utils like ifplugd to auto-switch between available networks, both wired
and wireless.
The lack of accessible panels is the main reason I do not use XFCE as my default desktop on the Linux distros
I run.
I recommend installing pcmanfm and setting it up with available helper aps to replace thunar.
I like some of the default XFCE software, mousepad's very fast to load, and while not as flexible as gedit is
a good option, if not as ones default text
editor it can be a good program to use for alt configurations, say use gedit or pluma for one type of file
and a more  configurable editor for other
tasks.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886