[orca-list] Eclipse and Orca under Ubuntu

Hello all,

I would like your help in finding the best possible settings for Orca and Eclipse to provide a usable and accessible (web) development environment.

Until now I've been using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Unity), Orca 3.18.2 from the repos and Eclipse PDT 4.6.0.

Without braille, Orca does a fine job throughout all applications - though I cannot get it to read the content panel of the Eclipse editor (the actual source code I am working at).

When I connect a braille display, Orca seems unable to keep up with my keyboard actions (for example Alt+Tab). While its speech is reading one window's title, my screen and keyboard focus have already switched to the next, and the braille display is stuck at the previous one. System specs should not be a problem: 6 GByte of RAM, CPU is at 2 GHz.

In short, I have the following questions:
 1) How can I reach the content-area of the Eclipse editor with Orca?
 2) How can I keep both Orca's and Unity's focus synced when using Eclipse?

Thanks in advance,

Frans-Willem Post