[orca-list] orca displays random characters in braille until restarted

hi all

Hears an odd bug a couple of my users have reported. After updating brltty through your package manager, the characters on the braille display look like gibberish. I don't know any other way of describing it. They look nothing like what orca's speaking. The solution is to restart orca. After this, orca picks up on brltty and things work as usual. This seems to happen only in orca built from git, but I can try with the stable version and see if it happens there. I know my description is rather vague, but the characters aren't the same each time. This happens regardless of whether contracted braille is enabled and wich contraction table is selected. Could it just be that orca needs to ping brltty every so often? I'm not sure. One thing I have noticed is that when brltty logs, orca seems to put in tons and tons of requests to brlapi, possibly one for each character. This isn't a complaint or anything, but orca isn't identifying itself to brltty. The log entries look like

Aug 30 18:28:54 tigger brltty[8855]: BrlAPI connection fd=19 accepted: local <unnamed>

Would it be possible for orca to identify itself to brltty? This won't affect performance at all, but it would help users figure out that orca is working properly.

Thanks

Kendell Clark