Re: [orca-list] The new Hypra website

hi

I haven't read the goals of hypra, I want to make that clear. But based on what kyle says I have to agree with him. Fix the available open source stuff, like espeak, which desperately needs people. I do what I can but I'm only one person. Begging proprietary companies to for example update eloquence for linux will probably please a few people who won't use anything else but it won't do a thing for espeak. Instead of asking a company to make a proprietary expensive OCR package like kirzwale, god I hope I'm not mangling that one too horribly, available for linux, concentrate on either improving the open source OCR engines like teseract and kuniform or write another one. My opinion can basically be summed up as rather than trying to make linux into windows by adding non free code, make it better by writing free code and improving the existing stuff we have now. It's not easy, this I know first hand from trying to get people who don't use linux interested in it but people will find us eventually. That's something I've also learned. I don't have to preach and procilitize, people will find linux when they get tired of whatever OS they use. Until then they will often refuse to listen to you, make excuses for your reasons, and generally make you want to crawl into a hole and never come out. Talk to fudge or luke one of these days if you think I'm exagerating.

Thanks
Kendell Clark