Re: [orca-list] fedora and mate

I do not know which mate package versions Fedora is using in its latest release, but mate seems to have
finally completed its migration to gtk3, and
accessiblity may be broken in some, or maybe many areas.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Juan Hernandez wrote:
Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 01:39:21PM -0700

   Hi All,

   I wanted to try out mate on a notebook that is a bit sluggish with gnome.

   I just installed fedora, and installed via dnf groupinstall mate-desktop.

   But when I login to mate, I hear orca turning on, but then everything is
   silent.

   If I hit the computer’s power button, a dialog asking to shutdown,
   restart, suspend, or cancle comes up.  This dialog is very responsive, and
   accessible.  So I don’t know what to do? What am I missing? Are there
   settings, oin orca? Or something else I have to do to use mate on my
   fedora 24 system?

   Thanks in advance.

   Juan

   Juan Hernandez

   [1]Juanhernandez98 gmail com

   619-750-9431 (M)         |  858-777-3311 (F)

   [2]My WebSite | [3]Twitter | [4]FaceBook | [5]LinkedIn