Re: [orca-list] ultraedit

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 05:01:00AM AEST, Juan Hernandez wrote:
Hi All,

I use ultraedit in windows and I love it.  I wanted to try it out in Linux,
so I downloaded it.  Has anyone had any success with it? I downloaded the
fedora 64 bit version , but I can't access anything.  Orca reads the menu
bar, and a lot of the other stuff in the review mode, but that's it.

What does UltraEdit do that you particularly like? Perhaps you can get the
same behavior with gedit plugins.

As for UltraEdit, I grabbed the Ubuntu 14.04 version, and cracked the deb
open to have a look. It uses GTK 2, which is probably why the menu works, but
it uses webkit, and I'll take a guess that webkit is used for the rendering
of the text area etc.

It may be possible to improve things by setting up an Orca script to better
work with UltraEdit, but to do that would probably require someone to sit
down and take the time to examine things with accerciser and look at Orca
debug files to work out what is needed on the Orca side.