Re: [orca-list] ultraedit

OK, I finally got it all downloaded, built and installed.
The arch pkgbuild file  has a minor error, i.e. the libjpeg6 dependency is called libjpeg6-turbo I think it
is.
Anyway, it seems this is not free, perhaps in both senses of the word as there is a register button when the
program is started, and a msg saying trial
period is expiring. This indicates to me that one must pay for the program if there is a trial  period, or
perhaps that some features are locked if one
does not pay and register.
At the very least it is proprietary and one must accept a linlicense agreement, but that would not explain a
trial period.
I also got a gtk error when starting, perhaps UE uses custo widgits which may not be accessible.
A bit more exploration shows several more or less open/public/free licenses, and one that may be proprietary.
In the help menu there is a request to register&pay. The license that I was least sure of sent me to a 404
page, but listed other manual versions that I
guess contain licenses or info about them. The last date on that page was 2006, so perhaps this program
contains some abandoned project code, however the
build is supposedly from december of 2015, don't remember when pacman says the arch  package was created.
Anyway, with flat review menus all seem available and the options I checked seemed to respond correctly to
simulated clicks. As you say, the actual text is
not readable with orca, at least I can not find any way to access it
 I can't find the file I think I just saved using ue, but don't remember what I called it, so it may be
there...lol.
Did a quick one, see some control and or formatting junk at the bottom of the file, will look for the first
one where I tried some other things, but I
don't know enough about what to expect to say just how well things are working, but unless it does some fancy
convertions that can just be scripted, or
something really interesting can be done with macros and or scripts I don't see how this would be worth
messing with on Linux as one can't read back what
one has entered with out opening in another application.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Juan Hernandez wrote:
Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:01:00PM -0700

   Hi All,

   I use ultraedit in windows and I love it.  I wanted to try it out in
   Linux, so I downloaded it.  Has anyone had any success with it? I
   downloaded the fedora 64 bit version , but I can’t access anything.  Orca
   reads the menu bar, and a lot of the other stuff in the review mode, but
   that’s it.

   Any ideas?

   Thanks.

   Juan Hernandez

   [1]Juanhernandez98 gmail com

   619-750-9431 (M)         |  858-777-3311 (F)

   [2]My WebSite | [3]Twitter | [4]FaceBook | [5]LinkedIn