Re: [orca-list] OT: Emacspeak and tcl/tclx updates

Please remove tcl since you have most other dependencies removed. That should set you up with a clean slate. Next please install emacspeak-git and allow it to install what it wants for dependencies. Sometimes things break and it's necessary to arrange for a clean slate then install the end package you most want to use and allow that package to select what it wants in terms of its own dependencies.

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016, Devin Prater wrote:

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 22:09:10
From: Devin Prater <r d t prater gmail com>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] OT: Emacspeak and tcl/tclx updates

Hi all. I'm trying to get Emacspeak working, as I find it easier to edit and write with Emacs than
Libreoffice and Gedit, especially where formatting is concerned. I'm running an up-to-date Sonar Gnu-Linux,
with TCL8.6. When I try to install Emacs, it says it needs TCL8.5, and trying to install tclx gives the same
error. Is there anything I can do? I had TCL8.5 before, but Emacspeak ran sluggishly with that version, so I
uninstalled emacspeak, then tclx, then updated TCL, and that's when I started being unable to install tclx
and emacspeak again. I would use speechd-el, if it were more advanced. For now, it reminds me more of
narrator, and isn't being actively developed that I can tell.