Re: [orca-list] Maybe I can help develop Orca.

Dear MR Boyer,
I Am deeply appreciating yours development enthusiasm and MRS Joan Marie
will be very probably extremely pleased that so experienced developer
with so many development knowledge have decided to help.

I think, that Orca screen reader have reached very very much. It support
many functions, many keyboard shortcuts to control various aspect of it.
Its stability is very good.
I see only one big disadvantage of Orca when I compare it with NVDA for
Windows.
When user uses flat rewiev, for example, numeric keys 7 and 9 to browse
lines of text, Orca must always read object database and it can not
monitor dynamic changes while in flat rewiev.
I Am afraid, that this issue is caused by The programmers technique, how
at-spi C++ and Python components work and have been designed.
Or, Python code of Orca would be too slow to dynamically monitor changes
at The background.
NVDA uses GDI hooks or MSAA or UI automation calls.
BUt this is only one disadvantage, which i see while comparing with NVDA.
Also Windows screen readers can not enable users to use all various
programs, because if developers will use not standard GUI tool kit for
GUI creation, even The best screen reader developer willbe helpless.
Those are only my opinions, I do not to de graduate works of core
developers of Orca and at-spi, Py-atspi, ETC.
The typical situation related to slow flat review algorithms is
situation, when user will update components by using ANdroid SDK manager.
It is complex Java program, and in this cases, there will be some
slowness related problems when browsing window by using Orca flat review
keys.

 John J. Boyer napsal(a):
I've handed over my work with liblouis to a very capable team. Now I'm
thinking of what I can do for Orca and NVDA. I turned 80 in July, but I
want to remain active as long as possible.

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.