[orca-list] Flat review does not update dynamically and terminal output is not read properly on Arch...am I missing something?

Hi all, I'm running Arch and MATE with the GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge
variable set and as the subject says I have problems with flat review
not updating automatically (time on the lock screen or time
information in VLC are good examples) and it does not refresh until I
leave and then come back to the window. Additionally, when terminal
output is read the first letter of every line is often not spoken and
when I use less, for example to read a man page, the page of text
presented when pressing B or F is not read automatically. I have the
latest at-spi installed and am using Orca master; I have not seen this
mentioned on the list so am just wondering if I might be missing
something obvious. Thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin