Re: [orca-list] Pidgin issues

Hi again.

I just tested and cannot reproduce the problem here. I tried the following:

1. chat was active, but the pidgin window was not active.
   result: Orca didn't present it
2. pidgin window was active, but the chat was not active.
   result: Orca didn't present it
3. window and chat were active and then I entered the lock screen.
   result: Orca didn't present it
4. window and chat were active and I was not in the lock screen.
   result: Orca presented it.

The above is the expected behavior. In addition, when a chat message
comes in, Orca checks to see if the text is showing. It also checks to
see if the current window is active. So my best guess is that there is
something about your environment in which non-active windows claim to be
active. I just committed a check to master to be more thorough in
checking/verifying if the window which claims to be active really is
active. Hopefully that will solve your problem. If it does not, please
capture a full debug.out from Orca master.

Thanks!
--joanie