Re: [orca-list] OCR

Howdy,

maybe I m not at the current point. But my blind girlfrind use tesseract everyday and it seems to work pretty well for her. thats sayed.

the performance is still difficult to use for "basic"
users (I mean, the Windows users who don't have any technical knowledge
or who use computer just for needs).

ohm OCR is never a short task. it also needs some time with windows.
tesseract could be trained as well for better results. i did this for our company and it works well for archive invoices.

That's why I had a look at what provide proprietary world, waiting for
having money enough to create a full OCR suite, free and based on
Tesseract.

maybe i did not understand correctly. My girlfrind did try to use Abbyy under windows and its more and more less a11y under windows. If Lios is not a11y enought why not support them?
what are the needs of your users? OCR is not a simple task.

And we needed a quick solution, so that the GNU/Linux OS could be usable
by everyone now,

hm? why it is not useable by everyone now? My blind girlfrind did its whole study with linux. also OCR. All the problems she had she talked to me to solve (and there years ago now). so what exact is the problem?

* from an image file, right-click, choose the proper option

feel free to improve and integrate OCRpdf if they need a one click solution
https://github.com/chrys87/ocrpdf
but it seems that nobody cares about so i stopped the work.
its made to run it from the context menue. without many features right now.

Waiting for a full "libre" solution, accessible for such people.

They are existing and may need to be improved in some situations but why to reexplore anything.

maybe i just misunderstand but tesseract is no rocket science to train and the project managers for sure looking for this. (because they are really active).

tesseract leads to good results here in a company with 60000 employees so what is the problem for private people?

could you explain the problem to me? I dont say its wrong, but based on my informations i just dont understand.
cheers chrys