[orca-list] Orca thinks the focus is in the preview pain, when it's in the message list in Thunderbird 38.7.1

Hi,
After the recent update of  Thunderbird to version 38.7.1 under Fedora
23, when I navigate around the message list with up/down arrow, Orca
thinks the focus is in the preview pain and starts reading it.
When I press Shift+Tab, the focus lands on the folder list (as expected)
and Tab brings it back to the message list - this for me proves that the
focus has not really changed.
This usually occurs after I read some message and return to the message
list.
Pressing Tab and Shift+Tab, F6 and Shift+F6 several times, Up/Down arrow
etc., seems to bring it to its senses, but it's only temporary - and I
use Thunderbird a lot - it's also my RSS client.
You might not be able to experience it from the first time, but it's
pritty consistent - move between folders, read some messages and you'll
see it.
Obviously it's something in Thunderbird that changed, but I'll be happy
if it could be worked around in Orca.

Thanks,
Zahari