Re: [orca-list] default voice setting not available

hi
All this stuff sounds exciting. Will this enable an orca user to set the
voice plus varient if using espeak, and have it persist across distros,
assuming of course that the espeak varient exists in the espeak package
of that distro? I've had persistent issues trying to get orca to use
espeak varients, either because the varients get overwritten when espeak
gets updated, not a problem since sonar switched to using espeak ng, but
also because there seems to be some kind of odd issue in
speech-dispatcher's espeak variant support. I don't know enough about
either one to tell which one is the problem so I can file a bug. Gnome
3.20 hasn't reached us yet so I still cannot enable speech-dispatcher's
espeak varient support or the orca dialog never opens, due to that
at-spi bug that was fixed in at-spi 2.20, so I could just need to wait
on an update.
Thanks
Kendell Clark