Re: [orca-list] default voice setting not available

Hey Luke.

On 04/07/2016 06:07 PM, Luke Yelavich wrote:
Thanks for the report. This is happening because the Orca package in
16.04 is using a backported version of the GSettings backend work I
did a few months back.

Aha. Understood.

On a related note, after I finish the input event refactor and splitting
out plugin-like-functionality into separate modules (a precursor to
making them libpeas plugins), I'd like to begin merging in your
gsettings work. My suspicion is that ordering things this way will
decrease the likelihood of changing and rechanging the gsettings
schemas. If my suspicion is bogus, let me know and we can reorder things.

Thanks!
--joanie