Re: [orca-list] Orca with Persian or Farsi language

hi
I'm not certain, but just because nvda translated a lot of the words
wrong doesn't necessarily mean that it's espeak. It could be whatever
applications he was using, their persian or farsee translations might
not have been complete. Of course it's possible that it was espeak.
About the only way to know for sure is to try it. If it really is bad,
I'd encourage him to subscribe to the espeak mailing list and help
jonathan duddington improve it. He needs feedback from native speakers
of a lot of the languages espeak supports, and a native persian speaker
would help a lot. He doesn't need to know anything about how espeak does
things, he just needs to know his language well, so he can fix the areas
where espeak doesn't get it right. It will take a bit of work and it's
not instantaneous, but once the work is done the experience will get a
lot better. If it's not espeak, then he's going to start filing bugs
against the apps that aren't translated well so they can be updated. I'm
willing to help do this, since I know at least a little about filing
bugs, but I know nothing about any languages other than english, so if
he wants help he'll have to tell me what to say. Of course he can ask
anyone else to help if he wants, I'm not t the only one who can. The
important thing is to improve what needs improving.
Thanks
Kendell clark