Re: [orca-list] Orca with Persian or Farsi language

hi
Does this person like or can he at the very least live with espeak? I
believe espeak speaks both those languages, though I don't know how good
the support is. If so, all you'd need to do would be to add the farsee
and persian languages to the system. I need to look into how exactly
this is done, but there are two ways to do it that I know of. By editing
/etc/locale.conf and uncommenting out the languages you want, which
requires you to know the country code for the language. For example, DE
is german, IT is italian, etc. After this is done, you need to run the
locale-gen utility to generate the locales, since they're not generated
until enabled. The second is to use unity's, or gnome's language panel
to add it. I'm fairly sure you can simply change the language by
clicking on a more button and then picking the language from a list, but
you have to log out and back in for the language to take full effect.
The main problem is going to be orca switching over to that new
language. I think, but don't know for sure, that orca will detect the
system locale and switch over itself, but that only works if the
language is set properly. If you change it later, orca can't pick up on
it. This needs to be fixed but I don't know how, or what exactly the
problem is. If he doesn't like espeak or won't use it, I think he might
be SOL. The other main popular speech synthesizer, ibmtts, can't speak
either of those languages, and I don't think any of the commercial
voices for linux can either, but I'm not certain.
Thanks
Kendell clark