Re: [orca-list] OT: booting paldo from a usb pendrive

I don't know how I missed it saying hybrid, guess I just skimmed the main page, and it was not clear about
that on the installation  wiki page.
I'm redownloading/already have the checksum, so mayb eI can play with this for a few minutes later.
I know I don't particularly care for a few of the default packages though, sop am wondering about installing
extra software.
Does one build everything from source, or does paldo have some kind of repository system?

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Kyle wrote:
Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 07:17:14AM -0400

According to the website:
"These are hybrid ISO images, you can write them to a CD or a USB stick
to install or test paldo GNU/Linux."
Last time I tried it, it definitely worked, but this was over a year
ago, so something may have changed. Did you try writing the stable
image or the unstable image? Both are rebuilt regularly, so if you have
problems with either, first try the other, and if that doesn't work,
give it a few days to a week for the image to be rebuilt. Also, you may
want to check the image to be sure it isn't corrupt using the md5
checksum provided.  Hope this helps.
Sent from my thingamy