Re: [orca-list] orca and xubuntu

No, but I've used XFCE on arch, and know people who have put it on to Ubuntu boxes for testing.
The big problem is a lack of panel accessibility. You will wnt to install a different filemanager as well.
Thunar is usable for some things. I think I remember on arch it was difficult to focus the desktop, but
sometimes I could.
After some work was done a couple of years ago the dev(s) who'd ben working on accessibility hit a wall, and
gave up it seems. I did some asking maybe 6
months ago, maybe longer and nothing was being done re accessiblity nor anything much to do with the panels.
They did mention that some improvements had
been made to magnification of some kind, but as I'm far to blind to see anything on screen I did not
investigate.
I don't know for sure if you'd need to export the GTK stuff stil, well mostly just
export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge
 but I suspect so.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:
Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 08:51:42PM -0300

Hi all.
Has anyone had any experience with xubuntu ?

I wonder if the xubuntu can be used with the orca .
Thanks.

--
José Vilmar Estácio de Souza