[orca-list] hoping to recycle bits of orca for speech recognition project

tl;dr:  need help figuring out how to determine which  window is in focus.

--
I got fed up with  needing speech recognition for dealing with my disability  and only being able to use Windows. So, I wrote a bridge that takes results of speech recognition from a Windows-based virtual machine and injected into the input queue of linux.   it works pretty well as you can see by my dictating directly into Geary.

The next step is to communicate what application/window has focus to the recognition environment so that I can activate the right grammar. somebody on the gnome accessibility list pointed me here saying that there should be some common code I could repurpose and I could appreciate the help.

thanks!