Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird is freezing orca

Hello,
Isn't this most likelly because of the old well known Thunderbird issue described at: https://bugzil.la924915

In possibly related topic you appear to have fixed an issue recently where Thunderbird and Firefox were kind of frozen for a long long time when opening the prind dialog. I haven't noticed that my-self however I am seeing a bit of freezing at other place when performing other steps: - Make sure you do have a folder including several hundred files e.g. more than 700 files inside you have permissions to write into.
- Find a message with attachment.
- Bring up the save dialog and notice the UI is verry responsive when the file chooser dialog appears showing your download folder where you only have a few files. - With this being said please don't save your attachment into the download folder which is being shown. Instead browse into another folder where you do have a lot of files. - While using the file chooser dialog to browse folders and files please take note the UI is very very responsive again.
- Finally save the attachment.
- When the attachment is saved please try to find another email with an attachment. - Now please try to bring up the save as dialog again which should open the folder where you have saved your recently displayed attachment into. - The file chooser dialog is shown however it takes significant while until it becomes responsive and you can use tab and shift+tab to navigate over the file chooser dialog controls with orca active.

Conclusion: When file chooser dialog pointing to a folder including a lot of files is shown it takes orca a really long time to process all the events until it becomes responsive. When browsing other folders with a lot of files inside using the file chooser dialog the lag is no longer there. So the lag only appears when the initial folder file chooser dialog is pointing to has a lot of files inside. I don't know how many files have to be there to make the lag appear however on my PC I have just tried two folders a folder with about 730 files and folder with more than 1450 files and I can feel the lag with both of them.

I was thinking that this is also because of this single huge Thunderbird performance issue. However as you have recently fixed a similar freezing issue else where I am trying to describe this situation perhaps this can also be tweaked. I am sending and receiving a lot of attachments via email using the same huge folder for all the files and it really slows me down through my job hours.

I know my habits can also be changed somehow in order to improve the workflow however if I can do this on other platforms e.g. on Android and on windows, I am hoping for a possible tweak on linux with orca one day.

Greetings

Peter