Re: [orca-list] GUI Redesign or clearup and modernization

In Linux, there is no y'all.  There is we.  If you don't understand that, you are in for perpetual
frustration.  As for Orca's braille support, I'm fine with it, personally.  I use a Focus 80 at work and a
Focus 40 at home.  I've also used it with a Braille Sense Plus which has a brailled display built in to it.
I have  no complaints.  I've used it in multilingual situations such as when reading the works of Cicero,
Ovid and Virgil in the original Latin on sites like bibliotheca Augustana and even trying to wrap my head
around the braille system in use for Ancient Greek texts like the Septuagint and the works of Archimedes.
Orca did OK for me there.  Did fine in modern languages too like my own sweet native Spanish.  I use it as an
enhancement on the speech portion.  So, it's not mission critical for me.

As for Apple and Windows doing better than Linux?  Well, they may have the  lead in some things but there are
other situations in which they are left far behind.  They have things like budgets and charge incredibly high
prices for their products.  Linux is about everyone pitching in to make something better.  Those who code,
modify and enhance or create applications/software.  Those of us who don't, either write docs, provide
assistance or create awareness.  We all do something to make it work.  It's called a community.  You
obviously don't get that.  Where other OS's charge money, Linux charges time and effort.  I honestly don't
think you are the kind of person suited for Linux.  You will find frustration at every turn with your outlook
and you will put people off who would otherwise try and help you, thereby creating an overall negative
experience you may well feel you can do without at the end of the day.

Be well,
Alex M

Ps  Sent from my Windows machine.  (Just in case you get the idea I'm one of those exclusively Free software
types.  They won't be as gentle as I have been with you.  You'll probably soon see what I mean.)