Re: [orca-list] Cannot connect headphones

We go pretty OT for the Orca list here as there are probably no Orca settings involved.
If you have built in speakers and they work then for sure there's nothing to do in/with Orca
  If you have speakers and they are also silent of course make sure that speech is enabled in the speech tab
of Orca prefs, and that volume is up in the
voice tab.
Your system's sound settings are where you need to work most likely.
You might want to try checking alsmixer first as it'd be easier to deal with from there.
Do you have a way to ssh in to the fruit box in question?
I've never had any apple hardware so I can't speak to what you are likely to see in the way of sound card
settings, but...
Try this command:
amixer set 'Auto-Mute Mode' Disabled
To use alsamixer you want to set speakup to cursoring off mode.
Make sure headphone levels are pretty high, 90% or so should be good.
IYou'll need to use speakup's review keys as well as listening when you use arrows to navigate from control
to control and change levels.
You can use orca in a terminal-emulator, but I find it more difficult, especially if you do not already know
your way around alsamixer on the computer
in question, and of course you don't have orca unless you hae speakers..lol. If you do have working speakers
then use alsmixer locally as speakup
sometimes has some issues when working with applications via ssh. It can be done though.
If you are not seeing much of anything when you run alsamixer, obviously mostly talking about the auto mute
item mentioned above and headphone volume,
then your best option is to get sighted help and open sound settings, i.e. in Vinux either from the sound
indicator or by opening system settings in
the indicator where shutdown, log-off, etc options are found and going to sound settings there.
  If you do have the pertinent controls available in alsamixer then you can use a script like the one I'll
attach to this email. Just copy it to
/usr/local/bin/ as root.
sudo cp ./unmute /usr/local/bin/
Make sure it is executable with something like
sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/unmute
Optimize the unmute script for your computer and desired volume levels with a bit of tiral and error testing,
e.g. change
   the Headphone,0 values to something lower than 100% if your headphones do not have a built-in volume
control and they are too loud.
You will notice a couple lines commented out in the script. Uncomment as needed and comment the alternative
command where one exists.
 HTH

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Vojtěch Šmiro wrote:
Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 06:03:40PM +0100

   Hello.

   I formated my iMac and installed Vinux there. I canť connect headphones.
   It has got only one output to headphones. It havenť got microphone imput.

   Please, how can I connect headphones? There is no sound when I connect
   headphones. I tried Sonar 2015.2 too and I have these problems too.

   Thanks for your help.

   Best regards

   Vojta.