Re: [orca-list] gnu-speach?

Hello there,

When I posted my message on this topic, I hadn't seen this thread yet. My son told me I should share his discovery on this list, and now I find that the thread has been going on for a while...

The GPL I listened to is quite interesting.

The voice is great; very warm, and much better than any so-called "high-quality voices" I've heard to this day.

Pronunciation requires work, but I think it has potential.

I love Espeak too, especially the Italian version for Android, which is unbeatable in my view, both in terms of responsiveness and clarity. But having multiple choices never hurts, especially if they're open source choices... So I eally hope someone will take the time to further develop this synth. I'm quite impresed, I must say.

Thanks Tony for your work and for sharing this with us.

Ciao,
Ollie