[orca-list] FW: New Stretch instalation, no speech

From: James Homuth [mailto:james the-jdh com]
Sent: October-07-15 11:08 AM
To: 'debian-accessibility lists debian org'
Subject: New Stretch instalation, no speech

I've just installed the latest snapshot from testing, and everything seems to be working as advertised - except I do not have speech when I boot up, or log in. I had speech during the install, so logicly it should have transferred over, per documentation, but it does not appear to have done so. I'm still relatively new to the platform, so am not entirely certain how best to go about fixing that - or from where to extract useful error messages so I can be pointed there. I've been all over the wiki, but so far with little effect. I'm running GDM3 with the latest Gnome included in the testing snapshot if that's of any help. I'm sure I can provide more useful info once I determine where that info is hiding.