Re: [orca-list] Question about capitalization styles

Hi Joanie,

You are partially right with I wrote first issue related.
Looks what happening with english locale, you experienced right working method: If I using english locale, Orca right changing the capital style combo box default selected item value depending the previous setted setting, if I navigate to the combo box with TAB key the second test after Orca reloaded the preferences. So, if I using english locale, selected the spell style, reload the Orca preferences, and again verifyed the capital style combo box default value in Voice page, the default selected element is spell.
So, the GUI possibility with english locale works right.

Look what happening with hungarian locale:
If I repeat this test with hungarian locale, the second testing the capital style combobox default value me the "nincs" translated possibility (this is equals the none english possibility), not the "betűzés" possibility (the spell possibility). When in hungarian locale I first time setted the "betűzés" (spell english language possibility), in my Orca user-settings.conf file Orca right stores following value:
"capitalizationStyle": "spell",
If I doing the verification testcase and reload Orca preferences, the user-settings.conf file me containing following value:
"capitalizationStyle": "none",
I will send you private the debug file this issue related.

With your suggestions related:
You suggested following working method:
"1. Enabled by default for editable objects and terminals
2. A single setting to enable it for all things"
The first case looks good, if an Orca user like hearing the capital indicator with normal text editing or flat review with icon and spell possibilities. The second case possible enable or disable future the capitalization style feature with other cases if the rolename is not pyatspi.Role_Text or pyatspi.Role_Terminal? I think this is a good compromise method, me absolute good with your suggested way if this is the case. This situation I don't no what we doing the unbound command, because the capitalization style feature future need handling more things, depending the actual focused object and the user selected possibility.

Zahari suggestion is interesting too, provide more flexibility if future need handling with separate cases with different combo boxes or another selection widgets:
1. Edit boxes and pyatspi.Role_Terminal style rolenames,
2. Other widgets, with following style combo box, radio button or check boxes: - Dialog and graphical windows GUI elements (check boxes, radio buttons, push buttons, combo boxes, lists, page tabs, menus, etc),
- Web script handled objects with Orca handles browse or focus mode).
Possible an Orca user future would like hearing spell mode the capital indicator with editable text widgets, Terminal and Web objects when reading an article, but not would like this if using normal dialog GUI widgets operation. This situation the best method if Zahari suggested way implementation is accepted to the web and editable objects select the user the spell mode, and other group selectthe None possibility.

Attila