[orca-list] interesting observation

hi all
The subject line is a little vague, so I'll elaborate. I've noticed that
when using epiphany to browse the web, orca will announce the percentage
of a page while it's loading but in firefox and thunderbird it doesn't.
Is it possible to add this to orca? Or does firefox not provide the
right accessibility support? Also, in thunderbird, orca cannot see
thunderbird's new mail notifications. I can visually see them appear on
the screen, but orca won't announce them. I think this is because they
don't go through the usual desktop notification system, but use their
own custom implementation. In order to make this work I need to install
an addon, which is fine, except that addon slows down orca considerably
when it reads off the notifications.
Thoughts?
Kendell clark