Re: [orca-list] possibly OT: can't write in Google or other search boxes

Full debug.out captured from very latest master please. Thanks!
--joanie

On 11/23/2015 03:15 PM, Al Sten-Clanton wrote:
Greetings!

For the past week, I've been unable to do Google searches or searches on
other sites.  I was unable to log into a site, and the problems looks to
be the same.

When I type an s in the Google search area, I get the message "no more
separators."  If I type an x, I get "no more checkboxes."  This sort of
thing occurs whether I'm just in focus mode or make focus mode sticky.
Since there are a good number of single letters for getting to things on
Web pages, there are a lot of words I can't use for searching.

Right now, I'm using Orca version 3.19.2pre, but the problem occurrs
with 3.18.2 as well.  I've had search and login problems since about
last spring, but this is the worst version.  It does not occur using a
live DVD of Debian 8 or of Fedora 22 or 23.  I tried downgrading
Firefox, but that just failed.  I'm using 64-bit Arch Linux, last
updated today, but obviously this is not a general Arch problem or I'd
have seen massive complaining.

In case you wonder what happened a week ago, that was when my GUI came
back alive after a two-week hibernation that fixed itself by simple full
system updating.  That hibernation was itself caused by the update that
included upgrading gnome from 3.16 to 318, which I'd done hoping to
eliminate the search and other quirks I already had.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Al
on a Web page, there are a lot of words I can't search with.