Re: [orca-list] Breaking up Key Echo types. Where does space go?

Hey Rob.

On 11/09/2015 09:32 PM, Rob Whyte wrote:
I agree with space being an action.
Will it still be echo'd with characters as well?

If we make space an "action" key, and you enable action keys under key
echo, then yes it will be echoed.

If we make space an "action" key, and you enable "alphabetic" and
"numeric" and "punctuation" but do *not* enable "action", then no space
will no longer be echoed.

To put it another way, right now if you want Orca to say "space" when
you press the Spacebar, you go into the preferences dialog and check the
checkbox called "enable alphanumeric and punctuation keys". The "enable
alphanumeric and punctuation keys" checkbox is going away. What should
you check instead to have Orca say "space" when you press/type spacebar?
The choices are:

* Alphabetic (new)
* Numeric (new)
* Punctuation (new)