Re: [orca-list] Orca and current best compatible linux distro and desktop

Unless something has recently changed you should stick to the LTS releases of Ubuntu for best accesibility,
i.e. 14.04.
Vinux5 will be coming out son and you can try the three most accessible desktops along side each other with
this distro.
It is more of a question of your personal computing style and what you like now. Gnome is where accessibility
should be best, but it has its own bugs
and issues, and personally I find some non accessibility issues with gnome close to show stoppers for me even
though I like the basic interface design.
If your hardware is slow and or short on RAM then Mate is probably your best choice.
There have been a lot of posts comparing desktops on this list over the last several months. You might want
to browse those posts.
There is no right or wrong answer to this question, and with new software relelases bugs are fixed and new
ones appear.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Bart Bunting wrote:
Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 08:41:39PM +1100

Hi there,

Not meaning to start a flame war just hoping for some objective answers.

I haven't been running orca for some time and am installing a linux
system tomorrow running orca.

I am trying to decide which distro to go with and even in the case of
Ubuntu which flavour.

Can anyone offer advice as to which distribution and desktop is
currently most compatible with orca head.

I am considering Debian Jessie, Debian testing, Ubuntu probably the
15.10 release, and if I was to go Ubuntu should I load the default unity
release or go for a ubuntu-gnome distro?

As I said I'm looking to be able to run the orca master code with a
desktop that has the best chance of working reasonably well.

Any advice is most welcome.

Kind regards
Bart
--