Re: [orca-list] Please test master for children cache change

hi
This works just fine for me. I've had no issues with these changes,
but much improvement.  I did notice one remaining issue that isn't
related to these changes. Sometimes, not always, when you press the
keyboard shortcut to raise or lower the volume, once the overlay goes
away orca is ... I'm not sure where the focus is, but it's not on the
application you were on. Pressing any key seems to snap it back, or
alt tabbing, anything to get orca to recalculate the focus. I don't
think this is an orca issue, but just mentioning it  since I was
thinking about it. This also happens when opening or closing the drop
down terminal, if you have the drop down terminal installed, but
again, I don't think this is orca.
Thanks
Kendell clark
Great job!
Thanks
Kendell clark

Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello, I've also observed no issues introduced by this change. I
was using my laptop intensivelly, I have used mozilla apps, gnome
apps, other gtk2 and gtk3 based apps, qt4 and qt5 based apps and
also libre office and I haven't noticed a regression so far. The
fact I have noticed no issues doesn't mean there really are no
issues however I am reporting this just because I am now updating
master again to feel this brand new another set of gecko
improvements and fixes which as you indicate needs another round of
testing although this time it's specific to mozilla and gecko based
apps I guess.

Thanks and greetings

Peter

On 27.05.2015 at 00:53 kendell clark wrote: hi I've seen no issues
with this change. I have seen some improvement though, particularly
in long menus. When opening ppub, for example, the contents menu
which listed all the chapters of an ebook used to take several
seconds to open and several seconds to respond to arrows, now it
just takes a few seconds for orca to read the first menu item, but
navigation is instanMtaneous. Thanks Kendell clark

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

Regarding the testing: Something I should have mentioned
before is that Orca already does not use the cache for
children in Gecko due to issues in Gecko. So if you're
looking for regressions, look in apps that are *not* Firefox
and Thunderbird.

Thanks again! --joanie