Re: [orca-list] strange behavior on certain web pages, Orca skips content

hi
I've just gone to the link you provided and I cannot reproduce it
here. This doesn't mean that orca doesn't have a problem. What orca
version are you running? Joanie recently made some firefox fixes, so
if you can, I'd recommend building orca from git and installing. I'm
not even sure what distro you're running, but if you're running arch,
there's an orca-git package in the aur (arch user repository) that
will build and install the latest bleeding edge orca for you. If
you're on ubuntu, you might see if luke will upload a git package to
the accessibility ppa, so you can install and try it.M
Thanks
Kendell clark

kk wrote:
Hello all, I wonder if this has been reproduced before, Go to this
page
http://turbogears.readthedocs.org/en/latest/turbogears/minimal/
This is the page for learning Turbogears, a web application
framework in Python. Now when reading the page, I find that the
places where Python code is written, Orca plainly skips the text,
On going up with the up arrow and then using down arrow to read it,
I get Orca to read it line by line correctly. For example see the
following text. "Keep in mind that using a virtual environment is
the suggested way to install TurboGears without messing with your
system packages and python modules. To do so we need to install the
virtualenv package:

$ pip install virtualenv

Now the virtualenv..."

Well when Orca is in the mode for reading full page (capslok + ; )
in my case, the $pip install command is not read out at all. I have
to individually use the arrow keays to read it. So it happens
consistently where ever the code is and orca skips reading it when
reading the full page.(aca read entire document ). Kindly let me
know if this can be reproduced. happy hacking. Krishnakant.