Re: [orca-list] new espeak voices samples

hi al, answers below questions ...
I liked the sound of the sample2 file, since it seems to approximate Eloquence. I wouldn't want to read with the singsong intonations, but think you might be onto something. What can you tell me about how to modify Espeak to do this, or where can you point me, if anywhere? I'm by no means sure I have the skill needed but would like to check it out. get espeak and espeakedit from http://espeak.sourceforge.net/test/latest.html You need to have both espeak and espeakedit installed at the same time. intonation source files can be edited and saved using gedit in linux or notepad in windows. espeak has a documentation folder in there. read the intonation.html document. and look at sample tunes in the ph_sources folder open the intonations source with notepad. Would these changes have any impact on Orca, or just on software speech with Speakup? the changes will impact anything that uses espeak. orca, speakup, nvda, sapi5 programs. anything using espeak can take advantage of such changes. Finally, is there a way to get these files in one of the free formats (free as in speech), or for me to convert them into such a format? Having just attended the LibrePlanet conference, I feel an increased drive to wean myself off non-free software wherever I can. well espeak and espeakedit are both free open source, see website link above.
Thanks!

Al