Re: [orca-list] Please test refined heuristic to identify layout tables

This change appears to work in Thunderbird. However, I need to test on
websites and such to see whether or not they are still affected. I'm
trying to remember the specific sites I visited that caused the problem.
I can report back as soon as I test them.

Regarding verbosity, I've always wanted something whereby I could turn
off as much verbosity as possible, i.e. I don't feel like I need to know
how many rows and columns a table has just as soon as I focus it. Just
my opinion, but I feel that's a perfect use for the WhereAmI key, and
the less verbose the screen reader can be, the faster it becomes to
perform everyday tasks. I do realize that there are some people who feel
more comfortable with the presentation of as much information as
possible, but since the verbosity is set as verbose by default, what
happens when switching to the brief setting probably won't make much of
a difference for them, since they probably won't be using it. On the
other hand, my logic may be seriously flawed here, so please jump in if
there are specific use cases where someone wants their verbosity set to
brief, but still wants to know how many rows and columns are in a table
upon focusing it, rather than by using the WhereAmI key to find more
information. For now, the only place I think I may want that is when
writing a document with a table, and for that, I can set my verbosity
for LibreOffice independently of all other settings. Hope this helps.
Sent from my grilled cheese sandwich
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/