[orca-list] backup issue

When I restored from my backup when speech stopped working, even though I selected my home directory in Deja-dup or whatever the tool for Ubuntu is called, I think it is called backup as the application name, the current version of Orca didn't restore and it didn't restore Gpodder but did create a Gpodder directory containing my podcasts and it didn't install VLC media player. My email accounts in Thunderbird did install. I thought the default settings in backup would backup all important files so where am I going wrong when creating my backups, assuming the issue with certain files not restoring hasn't anything to do with those error messages I was getting when attempting my backups. When I did my latest backup, I got a backup complete message read by Orca so fingers crossed I might not have the same issue that this email refers to.